Erik Helbing specializes exclusively in consumer rights, which includes foreclosure defense, credit collection defense, and bankruptcy. In addition to his own practice, Erik also serves as of counsel with Compass Rose Legal Group, LLC, a boutique law firm specializing in national security law where he leads the Compass Rose Financial Debt Recovery Program, a program specially designed for federal employees, federal contractors, members of our active duty and reserve military, and those who hold security clearances. Whether it’s representing clients in consumer rights, bankruptcy, or mitigating the Federal Government’s concerns about his client’s financial history this variety of experiences helps ensure the best possible outcome for his clients and their families.
Prior to private practice, Erik served as a law clerk. Specifically, he clerked for the Honorable Thomas I. Vanaskie, Chief Judge for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and the Honorable Charles M. Middlesworth, Superior Court of Atlantic County, New Jersey. Furthermore, Erik served an internship with the United States Department of Justice Office of the United States Attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
A very touching and inspiring quote will go here regarding Mr. Helbing.
- B.S. University of Scranton (2003) in Political Science.
- Minors in History and International Studies
- J.D. Syracuse University (2006) Certificates in Global Law & Practice and National Security & Counterterrorism
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United State District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania; Supreme Court of New Jersey